ULI offers resources on the intersection of real estate development and land use.
- Join ULI today to become part of a community from the public and private sectors, working in every aspect of real estate development and land use.
- Discover the implications of policy choices and how to achieve better outcomes.
- Gain new perspectives on how the public and private sectors work together.
- Ensure you get a good deal for your community.
- Take advantage of unbiased, high-quality information.
View Recent Publications
ULI has over 150 publications on a wide variety of real estate development and land use topics available in the ULI Bookstore. ULI members get a 25% discount on all bookstore purchases.
This report arms public and private sector representatives with an understanding of the obstacles and opportunities inherent in public private partnerships, as well as provide a toolkit of best practices and lessons learned.
This report illustrates how six communities—some built on historic traditions and natural location or others newly built—have used and combined various sources of public funds to facilitate dramatic change.
This report explores strategies for transforming commercial corridors—found in nearly every community across the United States—into places that support the health of the people who live, work, and travel along them.
Learn How Innovative Projects Were Developed
ULI offers a wealth of Case Studies that describe how projects in other cities were developed. A couple of case studies in which public sector leaders played a leading role in defining and implementing the development include Storrs Center and SteelStacks.
Get Advice on Your City’s Greatest Development Challenges
ULI members provide practical solutions for the most challenging issues facing today’s urban, suburban, and rural communities.
Understand How the Development Process Works
ULI provides different perspectives on the development process, helping you understand the balance between getting what you can from a developer and pushing too hard, so that everyone wins.
Attend Forums and Events
- ULI’s local District Councils host low-cost events on many topics related to land use and development. Find the District Council nearest you.
- The Rose Center for Public Leadership, a joint program of the National League of Cities and ULI, offers forums and workshops on the practice of city building. Check for Rose Center activities.